Gas Safety Advice
What to do in a gas emergency:
In a gas emergency act quickly and take the following steps:
- Get fresh air immediately. Open all doors and windows to ventilate the room
- Switch off the appliance and do not use it again until it has been checked by a Gas Safe registered engineer*
- Turn off the gas supply at the mains
- Call the National Gas Emergency number on 0800 111 999.
- If you are feeling ill visit your GP or the hospital immediately and tell them that your symptoms may be related to carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Contact a Gas Safe Registered Engineer* to check and fix the appliance.
* Gas Safe Register
Gas Safe Register is the official list of gas engineers who are qualified to work safely and legally on gas appliances. By law, all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register. It replaced CORGI. The Gas Safe Register makes sure the engineers on the Register are safe by inspecting the gas work they have carried out.
As Gas Safe registered engineers you can feel safe in the knowledge that we are competent and qualified to work safely and legally with gas. By using a Gas Safe registered engineer you are protecting yourself and your family from incorrectly fitted, fixed and serviced gas appliances. These are a major cause of lethal carbon monoxide poisoning, and can also lead to gas leaks, fires and explosions.
Always ask for our Gas Safe Register ID card and check the back of the card to make sure we are qualified for the work you need. To check our registration details visit www.GasSafeRegister.co.uk or call 0800 408 5500.
Take care, be Gas Safe.
Need your gas boiler checked, serviced, fixed or replaced?